From: Versora
Published: Tue May 03 2005

Santa Barbara, CA – May 3, 2005 – Versora announced today an Asian Pacific distribution partnership with Singapore based Ferosys I.T. Consultants for two of its Windows to Linux migration software tools: Progression DB and Progression Web.

Winner of a Linux Product Excellence Award at the recent LinuxWorld Boston Conference & Expo, Progression DB automates the migration from Microsoft SQL Server to databases running on Linux including MySQL, PostgreSQL and Ingres r3.
"We’ve found that MySQL corners about 70% of the Asia Pacific open source database market and PostgreSQL the remaining 30%," said Ferosys International Partner Alliance Manager Julian Tan. "Progression DB is the perfect database migration tool for an Asia Pacific market that is rapidly adopting the Linux database platform."

Ferosys I.T. Consultants will also be distributing Versora’s Progression Web which automates the migration from Microsoft IIS Web Server to Apache on Linux.
"Given Microsoft IIS Web Server’s costly licensing fees, security vulnerabilities and lack of flexibility, there has already been a massive migration to Apache web servers," notes Versora CEO Mike Sheffey. "Progression Web provides companies an automated method of quickly and accurately moving their websites to the highly stable and secure Apache environment. What was a major project involving several days of manual reconfiguration and programming is reduced to a few hours when using Progression Web."

About Versora
Versora is a leading provider of Windows to Linux migration solutions. Versora offers software and professional services that enable and accelerate enterprise Linux adoption. Solutions that Versora offer include Linux mail and collaboration migration from Microsoft Exchange servers, Linux database migration from Microsoft SQL servers, Apache web server migration from Microsoft IIS web servers, and Windows to Linux desktop migration. For more information about Versora, visit

About Ferosys I.T. Consultants
Ferosys I.T. Consultants is a market leader in channel distribution within the Linux domain throughout the Asia Pacific region. Known for its extensive distribution network, Ferosys stringently selects its partners to ensure solutions of the highest quality, with a high regard for customer satisfaction. Each partner is a specialist in his own right and has expertise catering to a specific market segment within their respective territories, ensuring the delivery of optimal solutions and services. For additional information, contact Ferosys I.T. Consultants via email or access
Company: Versora
Contact Name: Ray George
Contact Email:
Contact Phone: 805-963-9800

Visit website »