New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Uzbekistan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
[ClickPress, Mon Oct 13 2014] We expect Uzbekistan ' s healthcare spending to continue outpacing the country ' s economic growth, creating opportunities for most health industries over the medium term. This is illustrated by mounting spending in medical technologies and equipment on the back of the upgrading and construction of healthcare facilities . I ncreasin g pharmac eutical demand has also been driven by private consumption growth and rising exports to neighbour ing countries . Meanwhile, the Uzbek president 's recent decree aimed at improving Uzbekistan ' s World Trade Organization ( WTO ) accession bid signals an additional effort to attract foreign investment. O ngoing regulatory amendments to facilitate the state registration of firms with foreign capital to operate in Uzbekistan also demonstrate this . However, Uzbekistan ' s pharmaceutical and healthcare spending per-capita is still low, albeit rising . In addition, pro-local industry regulatory bias, stringent capital controls and poor governance will continue to drag down the market attractiveness in the medium term.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: UZS933.7bn (USD504mn) in 2013 to UZS1,237.3bn (USD530mn) in 2014; 32.5% in local currency terms and 4.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised slightly upwards from Q314 due to macroeconomic factors.
* Healthcare: UZS6,670.2bn (USD3.19bn) in 2013 to UZS8,167.0bn (USD3.48bn) in 2014; 22.4% in local currency terms and 9.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q314 due to revision of historic data and macroeconomic factors.
Risk/Reward Ratings: In Q4 2014, Uzbekistan sustained its previous quarter's score of 35.8 out of 100, which continues to rank it as the least attractive market to investors in the Central and Eastern Europe region. The country scores below the regional average for all indicators in our Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) matrix, and it scores far below the regional average of 51.4.
Key Trends And...
The Uzbekistan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Uzbekistan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Uzbekistani pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Uzbekistan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Uzbekistani pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014