New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Oct 28 2014] It is a mixed picture for the Saudi Arabian freight transport sector in 2014 and 2015. A number of the Kingdom's ports are expected to see another year of throughput declines in 2014, though we believe they will return to growth the following year. We believe that growth at Saudi Arabian ports will return to strength over the medium term and the construction of new facilities, while potentially impacting on some existing ports like the Jeddah Islamic Port, will serve to strengthen the sector further. The outlook for growth in air and rail freight volumes is broadly upbeat, however. Air freight will continue performing well with the help of national carrier Saudia, and the country's rail freight sector is expanding at an impressive rate.
Specific investments in expanding maritime facilities, and in projects such as the Saudi Landbridge and the north-south railway, coupled with strong economic growth on the back of large oil receipts, will continue to boost freight volumes over the medium and long term.
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* Total Saudi Arabian trade set to grow by 3.2% in 2014 in real terms, with imports growing 5.0% and exports by 1.4%. This marks a return to growth following 2013's contraction. Real trade growth will average 2.6% to 2018.
* Air freight volumes set to grow 5.0% in 2014, to reach 1.12mn tonnes. Growth to 2018 to average 5.1% a year.
* 2014 Jeddah Islamic Port total tonnage throughput forecast to undergo a second consecutive year of declines, falling 7.0%. Growth will return in 2015 and average 2.9% over the medium term to 2018.
* 2014 rail freight volumes forecast to grow by 9.0% in 2014 and to average 10.5% over our forecast period.
Key Industry Trends
Bahri Completes First Phase Of Vela Integration : The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia (Bahri) has completed the first phase process of incorporating the Vela fleet and operations, according to a statement by the former. The move makes Bahri an exclusive carrier of Aramco...
The Saudi Arabia Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Saudi Arabia Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Saudi freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Russia Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- China Freight Transport Report Q4 2014
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q4 2014