New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Italy Freight Transport Report 2015"
[ClickPress, Thu Dec 11 2014] Italy's freight mix is set for a relatively subdued 12 months in 2015 with our revising down of 2014 and 2015's real GDP growth estimate and forecast respectively as the sector's fortunes continue to reflect those of the wider economy. Italy's protracted economic recovery failed to gain traction in H114 and now faces strong headwinds from a weakening regional growth outlook.
Proving detrimental to Italy's freight sector is the fact that external account rebalancing will continue to be sub-optimal in light of weak domestic and external demand. This is characterised by an ongoing contraction of imports as opposed to strong exports or improved external competitiveness. Nevertheless, export growth will remain uninspiring and unable to drive additional current account surplus widening.
Full Report Details at
In 2015, the outperformer in terms of year-on-year (y-o-y) growth is set to be rail freight at 2.28%, ahead of both road and air freight (1.85% and 1.50 respectively). Road freight, meanwhile, will account for the majority of all freight handled in Italy once again.
Headline Industry Data
* Port of Genoa cargo volume set to rise by 0.34% year-on-year (y-o-y) to 48.72mn tonnes in 2015 (an improvement on an estimated 2.0% contraction in 2014).
* Air freight volumes are expected to see 1.50% annual growth in 2015.
* Road haulage will grow by 1.85% to 1.06bn tonnes in 2015.
* Cargo volumes carried by rail are forecast to grow by 2.28% in 2015 to reach 90.87mn tonnes.
* In real terms, Italy's trade (imports + exports) is forecast to drop by 1.65% in 2015.
Key Industry Trends
Etihad Outlines Plans For Alitalia Tie-Up : Etihad Airways of the UAE will invest up to EUR1.25bn (USD1.7bn) in Italian carrier Alitalia over the coming four years as part of a planned partnership between the two, according to a statement by Italian Transport Minister Maurizio Lupi on June 11 2014. Of the total investment, EUR560mn (USD757.04mn) will be allocated to the purchase of new shares in...
The Italy Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Italy Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Italian freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Italy to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Freight Transport Report 2015
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- France Freight Transport Report 2015
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q1 2015