New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q1 2015"
[ClickPress, Fri Dec 12 2014] The Vietnamese economy has gained momentum over recent quarters, growth that we expect to see reflected in the country's freight mix over the short term at least. However, in addition to the fragile banking sector, which is heavily burdened by the high level of non-performing loans, the health of Vietnam's external position has been a concern among investors and multinational companies alike. Indeed, the country has one of the highest external debts as a share of GDP among its regional peers, with the ratio at an estimated 37.6% in 2013.
Heading into 2015, we expect to see annual growth across the freight modes to remain healthy across the board with road freight being the outperformer in terms of year-on-year (y-o-y) growth - 6.00%. Both rail and air freight are set to register the same level of growth in 2015 (3.40%), while the Vietnamese ports sector will once again see strong annual growth in terms of tonnage handled.
Headline Industry Data
* 2015 rail freight tonnage is set to increase by 3.40% to 6.96mn tonnes.
* 2015 air freight tonnage is forecast to rise by 3.40% to 195,640 tonnes.
* Tonnage handled at the port of Ho Chi Minh City in 2015 is forecast to grow 7.62%, whereas tonnage handled at the port of Da Nang is forecast to increase 6.50%.
* 2015 road freight tonnage is forecast to grow by 6.00% to 859.30mn tonnes.
* 2015 total trade is forecast to rise by 6.65%.
Full Report Details at
Key Industry Trends
CEVA Looks To Vietnamese Growth : CEVA Logistics has announced the opening of a new branch office in Hanoi as the logistics company looks to take advantage of potential growth opportunities in and around the Vietnamese capital. Indeed, Nelson Chow, CEVA's managing director for Vietnam explained that 'we are excited to tap the opportunities for growth in north Vietnam'.
Transport Minister Seeks Development Of Inland Waterways : Vietnamese Transport Minister Dinh La Thang wishes to see the government help boost inland waterway facilities and has been...
The Vietnam Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Vietnam Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Vietnamese freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Vietnam to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Freight Transport Report Q1 2015