New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Qatar Freight Transport Report 2015"
[ClickPress, Wed Dec 31 2014] The Qatari shipping sector continues to be dominated by the export of the country's key commodity, natural gas, through the export terminal of Ras Laffan. Much of this is transported by national carrier Nakilat. However, the country aims to increase its container and dry bulk shipping presence as well through the development of the New Doha port, which is being developed to focus on capturing some lucrative transhipment trade.
The country is not only investing in its ports. There are also significant developments in road and rail, not least the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) rail network and the causeway that will link Qatar with Bahrain. We forecast moderate growth in trade and port throughput in Qatar over the medium term. Air freight is also taking off, supported by the growth of Qatar Airways Cargo and a new terminal.
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* 2015 port of Doha tonnage throughput forecast to grow 36.0% and to average 24.5% a year to 2019 (including transferred operations to New Doha from 2016).
* 2015 air freight tonnes at Doha International to grow by 4.0%, and to average 4.7% to 2019.
* 2015 total trade forecast to decline by 1.7% as gas prices fall, and to average a decline of 4.8% over our forecast period.
Key Industry Trends
Qatar Airways Cargo's Pharma And India Focus Go Hand In Hand: Qatar Airways Cargo's India focus continues with the company launching a new weekly freighter service between the airline's hubs in Doha and Delhi in May 2014. The Indian air freight market is rapidly expanding, with pharmaceuticals a major driver - a sector which Qatar Airways Cargo is increasing its exposure to with its QR Pharma division.
Orbital Highway Supports Forecasts, Eases Congestion: The awarding of two major road contracts in Qatar reinforces our views that transport will be the major focus of infrastructure investment over the next few years and that the road sector will register a period of growth. The new contracts, worth over QAR10.4bn (USD2.8bn), are...
The Qatar Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Qatar Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Qatari freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Qatar to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Kazakhstan Freight Transport Report 2015
- Romania Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q1 2015
- Germany Freight Transport Report 2015