New Market Research Report: Reinsurance in Belgium, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Fri Jan 02 2015

The gross written premium of the Belgian reinsurance segment increased at a CAGR of 1.9% during the review period (2009-2013). The global financial crisis in 2009 and rising sovereign debt in the country and other EU member states kept growth subdued.
Solvency II legislation is a fundamental reform of capital adequacy requirements and risk management, and is expected to be a framework for insurance regulation worldwide. It is currently scheduled for implementation by EU member states, including Belgium, in January 2016. The directive is projected to lead to higher capital requirements, forcing firms to seek help from reinsurers. Such initiatives are expected to drive growth in the Belgian reinsurance segment over the forecast period (2013-2018).

Report Highlights

* Reinsurance in Belgium grew during the review period: its written premium increased in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 1.9% .
* The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 75.4% of the reinsurance premium in 2013, while the facultative reinsurance category accounted for the remaining 24.6%.
* The Belgian reinsurance segment is small compared to other EU member states. It is also highly competitive, and contains a number of leading multinational reinsurers.
* * In 2011, the European court of justice ruled that premiums and benefits should be the same for both men and women, in line with Belgian anti-discrimination law.
* Belgian non-life insurers ceded the highest level to reinsurance of the three main primary insurance segments in 2013.
* The Reinsurance Act 2009, implemented in Belgium in February 2009, stipulates minimum guarantee capital, change of ownership and solvency margins for reinsurers operating in the country, with the aim of achieving financial soundness.

Full Report Details at

Report Scope

This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in Belgium:

* It provides historical values for Belgium's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009-2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013-2018 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Belgium's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Belgium, and growth prospects.

Reasons to Get this Report

* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Belgian reinsurance segment and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Belgian reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Belgian insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at or call us at 1.800.844.8156.

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Non-Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Non-Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in the UK, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
- Life Insurance in Indonesia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018
Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email:
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »