Fast Market Research recommends "South Africa Defence & Security Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[ClickPress, Thu Jan 08 2015] We expect the South African defence budget to reach USD3.6bn in 2014. For the remainder of the forecast period, up to and including 2018, we expect the defence budget to rise, with the country spending on average USD5.3bn on defence annually. The final year of the forecast period (2018) will see defence spending reach USD6.8bn.
Between 2001 and 2011, the SANDF has comprised an average of 68,400 personnel. The numerical size of the armed forces has fluctuated widely between the 55,000 personnel they possessed in 2004 to the personnel strength of 103,000 recorded in 2006.
Full Report Details at
We have given South Africa an overall security risk rating of 75 for Q414. We believe that the country has a very low risk of becoming involved in a major international conflict. Secondly, the country is considered very unlikely to experience a major terrorist attack. However, the same cannot be said regarding crime with the country maintaining a significantly high crime rate.
South African conglomerate Paramount unveiled its new AHRLAC combat aircraft in July 2014. The programme was launched in 2011 and represents the first indigenous military aircraft to be developed in South Africa since the Rooivalk attack helicopter. Flight tests have commenced and the aircraft is expected to be made ready for delivery from 2016.
The South Africa Defence & Security Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's South Africa Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the South African defence and security industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on South Africa to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the South African defence and security market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Asia defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Asia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Global and Regional Political Outlooks
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- Future of the South African Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2019
- United Arab Emirates Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- Iraq Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q1 2015