New Report Available: Romania Infrastructure Report Q2 2015

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Fri Feb 13 2015

BMI downgraded its outlook for the infrastructure sector in Q2 2015 report as Romanian construction sector fell back into recession in 2014 primarily due to the lack of new projects that would drive growth. A number of mismanaged and cancelled projects dampened the construction sector's performance and weighed heavily on civil engineering sector. As the government announces new tenders and works on a framework strategy for the transport sector, the EU's 2014-2020 cohesion funds will start filtering through, however, BMI is yet to see a turnaround. Consequently, BMI forecasts cautious recovery only as of 2016. Residential and non-residential sectors as well as the energy sector will be adding upside risk to our forecast as rising GDP per capita will add buoyancy to the housing construction and forthcoming Chinese financing will prop the energy sector.

Full Report Details at

Key Trends And Developments

* In September 2014 it emerged that China General Nuclear Power Corporation (CGN) was the only bidder for a tender to build two nuclear reactors at the nuclear power facility in Cernavoda. CGN has qualified for the next stage of the tender. BMI believes that with the financing from China forthcoming, Romania could start building the new reactors in 2015, with BMI's power team suggesting that the new nuclear capacity will come online in 2019. China has also been forthcoming with financing for projects in the neighbouring countries.
* In December 2014, Greek firm AKTOR signed a RON549mn (USD154.25mn) deal to build Lot 2 of the motorway from Sebes to Turda in Romania. The contract has been signed through Euroconstruct Trading '98 in which Aktor holds a 51% stake. The European Commission Cohesion Fund will finance 85% of the project, while the commission's Sectoral Operational Programme-Transport will finance the remaining 15%. The 24.25km long motorway will have two traffic lanes and one emergency lane in each direction. The motorway will have a maintenance and...

The Romania Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.

BMI's Romania Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Romanian infrastructure and construction industry.

Key Benefits

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at or call us at 1.800.844.8156.

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- Germany Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q2 2015
Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email:
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »