New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015"
[ClickPress, Tue Feb 17 2015] Longstanding trade agreements with the US and EU, along with efficient regulations for quality control will continue to make Peru an appealing destination for drugmakers. However, while the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets continue to grow, the national economy continues to struggle and its dependence on key exports will ham per overall growth in the short- term.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: PEN4.7bn (USD1.65bn) in 2014 to PEN5.0bn (USD1.7bn) in 2015; +6.2% in local currency terms and +2.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast has been revised upward from Q115 based on historic data.
* Healthcare: PEN32bn (USD11.3bn) in 2014 to PEN34.2bn (USD11.6bn) in 2014; +6.8% in local currency terms and +2.8% in US dollar terms. Historic market size and projected growth rates are revised upward from Q 515 .
Full Report Details at
Risk/Reward Index : In BMI's Risk/Reward Index for Q2 2015, Peru remains 10th out of the 18 markets surveyed in the Americas matrix. Peru's Reward and Risk scores are both viewed as less favourable than the regional averages. A small market size and a deficient intellectual property environment are some of the major drawbacks to the involvement of foreign companies in Peru. Nevertheless, Peru is still seen as being able to offer longer-term benefits to foreign investors, on account of the expected healthcare market development and economic growth.
Key Trends And Developments
* In January 2015, Peru's Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) has allocated PEN2,900mn (USD963.6mn) to finance various projects in the health sector with the aim of improving health services in the country.
* In January 2015, Peru's Health Minister Anibal Velasquez will visited Seoul to expand bilateral cooperation and technical assistance with his South Korean counterpart, Moon Hyungpyo. The meeting focussed on the proposal to create a Center of Control and Prevention of Diseases in Peru with the latest technological advances offered by Korea. Velasquez' visit...
The Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Peru pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Peru, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- Israel Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015