New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Wed May 27 2015] Mobile data usage increased appreciably in the 2013/14 financial year and grew at an even faster rate in the period to March 2015. The rapid and widespread deployment of 3G/4G networks over the last 12 months lay the foundations for the emergence of a more content-focused industry, although continued reliance on low-cost prepaid services will continue to weigh on operators' bottom lines. The mobile market remains crowded while the wireline market is dominated by the incumbent, creating an imbalance of power. There are few opportunities for an infrastructure-focused new entrant, although there is a case to be made for the establishment of an advanced national broadband network under the aegis of a forthcoming new telecoms policy .
* There were 12.072mn 3G/4G mobile subscriptions in Pakistan at the end of March 2015, representing 8.9% of the total mobile market. We forecast subscriber numbers to grow to 76.783mn by 2019, or 48.8% of the market as operators push 'affordable' SIMs and devices.
* ARPUs are expected to continue trending downwards due to the reliance on 2G services and rural expansion, as well as government-enforced network outages in light of security concerns.
Full Report Details at
Pakistan remains in 14th position out of 28 Asian telecoms markets surveyed by BMI within its Risk/Rewards Index. Its overall score of 48.3 points out of 100 improved slightly over last quarter's assessment, but it is still below the regional average of 51.1. Mobile SIM verification was implemented in Q115 and should reveal a clearer picture of the size of the active user base; however, this will not last long as operators promote their new 3G/4G services through price-based promotions and the government lifts caps on the numbers of SIMs a single individual can own.
The Pakistan Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Pakistan's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Pakistan Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Pakistan.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Pakistan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Pakistani telecoms market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q3 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q3 2015