Mixed Retailers in Russia - New Market Report

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Sun Aug 02 2015

Mixed retailers remained a very small channel with 1% share of total value sales in store-based retailing in Russia in 2014. Mixed retailers in Russia is comprised entirely of department stores and variety stores and there were no mass merchandisers or warehouse clubs present in the country at the end of 2014. Department stores acquired the biggest value share of 58% among all mixed retailers, while variety stores rapidly increased its share to account for the remaining 42% in 2014.

Competitive Landscape

Best Price led mixed retailers acquiring 41% value sale in 2014. Fix Price is the only chained retailer operating in variety stores in Russia and offer goods for a fixed price. Key assortment includes home care, beauty and personal care, tissue and hygiene, shelf stable packaged food and apparel. The retailer has been able to maintain high growth rates due to its intensive regional expansion and the launch of new outlets throughout 2014. As a result, the retailer grew by 34% in value terms during 2014, which was the highest growth among all mixed retailers. Best Price, the operator of the Fix Price chain, is constantly looking for new locations for its outlets in areas that satisfy the company’s specific requirements. These include at least 250-350 sq m of retail selling space and locations, which enable the retailer to take advantage of high levels of passing trade. Best Price states that the main reason for offering low prices is its direct cooperation with manufacturers in China and Russia without any intermediary agents. The retailer developed a simple logistic infrastructure that includes six regional distributor centres that are stocked with goods from manufacturers, and the individual stores located in the closest cities offer goods from them. The retailer also develops private label under different brand names produced by domestic and international manufacturers.

Full Report Details at
- http://www.fastmr.com/prod/1032327_mixed_retailers_russia.aspx?afid=301

Industry Prospects

Mixed retailers is set to record a value CAGR of 4% at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period, which will be an improvement on the review period performance. The main driver for future growth is expected to be rapid development of variety stores and its growing popularity among Russian consumers. Variety stores will benefit from the more moderate consumer expenditure growth over the forecast period compared to the review period. Consumers with low incomes are expected to become even more price sensitive and will highly favour retailers offering cheap prices and discounts.

Report Overview

Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Mixed Retailers industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Retailing in Kenya
- Retailing in the Netherlands
- Retailing in Australia
- Retailing in South Korea
- Retailing in Turkey

Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: press@fastmr.com
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »