"Cigarettes in Guatemala" is now available at Fast Market Research

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Wed Aug 26 2015

Cigarettes are commonly smoked in Guatemala and in 2014 represented 99% of tobacco value sales in Guatemala. In 2014 it registered retail value sales of GTQ1.3 billion, a 9% growth rate in current terms. Innovations, mainly through new brands such as Chesterfield launched by Tabacalera Centroamericana SA, have allowed the category to remain dynamic.

Competitive Landscape

Guatemala’s cigarettes category is a duopoly of two multinational companies. In 2014, Tabacalera Centroamericana SA had a retail value share of 55%, while its competitor British American Tobacco Central Caribbean & Central America accounted for the remaining 45%. Both companies have been in the market for several years, and their brands have strong recognition and distribution in the entire country.

Industry Prospects

Cigarette sales are expected to continue to grow in Guatemala and have a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2014 prices over the forecast period. The category will reach sales of GTQ1.4 billion in 2019. Illicit sales of individual cigarettes and contraband are expected to hinder stronger growth rates, since the government has not been able to control these problems. Also, Guatemala signed the FCTC treaty in 2012, which means it is going to ban POS advertisement in 2017. This is going to negatively affect companies, since it will be harder to reach consumers.

Full Report Details at
- http://www.fastmr.com/prod/1036632_cigarettes_guatemala.aspx?afid=301

Report Overview

Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Guatemala with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.

Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.

If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Guatemala, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.

The Cigarettes in Guatemala market research report includes:

* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country

Our market research reports answer questions such as:

* What is the market size of Cigarettes in Guatemala?
* What are the major brands in Guatemala?
* What is the legislative environment like in Guatemala?
* What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Guatemala?
* Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Guatemala?

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Cigarettes in the Czech Republic
- Cigarettes in Slovakia
- Cigarettes in Chile
- Cigarettes in Peru
- Cigarettes in Brazil

Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: press@fastmr.com
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »