Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: HRK6.83bn (USD1.20bn) in 2014 to HRK6.55bn (USD936mn) in 2015; -4.0% in local currency and -21.9% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q 3 15.
Full Report Details at
Healthcare: HRK22.71bn (USD3.99bn) in 2014 to HRK22.03bn (USD3.15bn) in 2015; -3.0% in local currency and -21.1% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised slightly upwards from Q 3 15.
Despite its accession to the EU, Croatia offers little growth over the long term. Croatia has a Risk/Reward Index (RRI) score of 42.9 out of 100, making it the 17th most attractive pharmaceutical market in Central and Eastern Europe. Croatia's RRI score in Q415 has not changed compared to Q315, but its score remains poor owing to the depreciation of the Croatian kuna against the dollar and our concerns over the country's economic outlook impacting our pharmaceutical sales forecasts.
Key Trends And Developments
In June 2015, the director of the HZZO, Tatjana Trupec, stated that upcoming proposed changes to Croatian healthcare legislation will enable the easier inclusion of new drugs to the positive reimbursement list.
In June 2015, the director of the HZZO also stated that upcoming reform will abolish the HZZO's policy of separating reimbursed medicines into a basic and supplementary list. Drugs on the supplementary list will be phased onto the basic list.
The Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Croatia pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Croatia, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Croatian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Croatian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Croatia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2015
- Bahrain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Lithuania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2015