Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: BGN2.53bn (USD1.72bn) in 2014 to BGN2.71bn (USD1.52bn) in 2015; -7.0% in local currency terms and -11.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q 3 15.
Full Report Details at
Healthcare: BGN6.16bn (USD4.18bn) in 2014 to BGN6.38bn (USD3.58bn) in 2015; -3.7% in local currency terms and -14.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from Q315.
Risk/Reward Ratings: In Q4 2015, Bulgaria's Risk Reward Index (RRI) score (48.2) has fallen below the regional average (49.3). However, given that regional scores on the whole have fallen relative to Bulgaria, Bulgaria's ranking has risen from 12th to 11th in our Risk Reward Index.
Key Trends And Developments
In July 2015, Bulgaria's National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) announced that it will raise the reimbursement levels for outpatient drugs and cancer treatment in 2016. The NHIF's supervisory council has approved amendments to Ordinance No. 10, which provides the procedure related to the drugs' reimbursements. The amendment will force marketing authorisation holders (MAHs) to offer discounts to the NHIF in case their products are reimbursed.
In July 2015, Bulgarian Health Minister Petar Moskov withdrew a set of legal amendments allowing the privatisation of hospitals.
The Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Bulgaria pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Bulgaria, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Bulgarian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Bulgarian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Bulgaria.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015