Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: RON14.19bn (USD4.28bn) in 2014 to RON14.94bn (USD3.67bn) in 2015; +5.3% in local currency terms and -14.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast upgraded from Q315.
Healthcare: RON34.72bn (USD10.48bn) in 2014 to RON36.37bn (USD8.93bn) in 2015; +4.7% in local currency terms and -14.8% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q315 .
Romania has a BMI Risk & Reward Index (RRI) score of 56.2 out of 100, making it the third-most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region. Romania's rise to third rank has been mainly due to a deterioration in the outlook for other CEE countries rather than a significant improvement for the pharmaceutical sector in Romania.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
In August 2015, eleven major multinational companies active in Romania were being investigated by Romanian authorities for corrupt practices involving Romanian prescribers. The companies are accused of providing gifts and paying for trips in return for preferential prescribing by doctors.
In August 2015, the Romanian Association of International Medicine Manufacturers (ARPIM) and the Generic Drug Manufacturers Association (APMGR) asked Romanian authorities to update the reference budget for calculating clawback taxes to match the actual consumption of medicines in Q315.
In August 2015, 40 drugs were withdrawn from the Romanian market after a number of irregularities were found in regulatory submissions from GVK Biosciences.
The Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Romania pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Romania, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Romanian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Romanian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Romania.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015