Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: LKR75.1bn (USD575mn) in 2014 to LKR82.6bn (USD618mn) in 2015; +10.0% growth in local currency terms and 7.4% in US dollar terms. Forecasts remain flat compared with the previous quarter.
Healthcare: LKR284.3bn (USD2.2bn) in 2014 to LKR310.5bn (USD2.3bn) in 2015; +9.2% growth in local currency terms and 6.6% in US dollar terms. Forecasts are slightly up compared with the previous quarter.
Full Report Details at
Sri Lanka's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index (RRI) score for Q4 2015 stands at 38.2 out of a total of 100, making it the 17th-most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Asia Pacific region. The main reason for the country's low score is the relatively small population size, which presents modest opportunities.
Key Trends And Developments
In August, Hemas Holdings reported first quarter results of the financial year 2015/16. Revenues came in at LRK8.8bn posting a growth of 22.9%. Group net profit landed at LRK415mn with a growth of 68.2% compared with the corresponding period last year. The three main sectors - FMCG, pharmaceutical distribution and JL Morison - posted double digit top line growth of 33.2%, 13.3% and 57.3%, respectively.
The Sri Lanka Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Sri Lanka Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Sri Lanka pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Sri Lanka, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Sri Lankan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Sri Lankan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Sri Lanka.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015