Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals : HKD12.07bn (USD1.56bn) in 2014 to HKD12.96bn (USD1.67bn) in 2015; +7.2% in local currency and 7.1% US dollars terms. Forecast unchanged from previous quarter.
Healthcare: HKD132.71bn (USD17.11bn) in 2014 to HKD143.45bn (USD18.46bn) in 2015; +8.1% in local currency and 7.9% in US dollars terms. Forecast u nchanged from previous quarter.
Hong Kong's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index score for Q415 is 64.6 out of 100. The country scores above average for most indicators and sub-indicators, including per capita pharmaceutical expenditure, sector value growth and pensionable population. Consequently with this high score, Hong Kong is ranked fifth, above China, out of 19 key Asia Pacific markets.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
In July 2015 Hong Kong's leading private clinic operator Quality HealthCare called for a more centralised drug-ordering system for private doctors taking part in a public-private partnership scheme to ease the workload on the public health sector.
In May 2015 Hong Kong's healthcare system is overly dependent on overstretched public hospitals and under-uses smaller primary care facilities, according to the former chief of the National Health Service (NHS) England David Nicholson. Currently, over 90% of the city's patients receive healthcare at government-funded public hospitals compared with 92% of patients in England that receive care from general practitioners at private clinics.
The Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Hong Kong pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Hong Kong, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Hong Kong pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Hong Kong pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Hong Kong.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015