Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals : SGD1.04bn (USD822mn) in 2014 to SGD1.1bn (USD808mn) by 2015; +5.3% in local currency terms and -1.7% in USD terms. Forecast maintained from previous quarter.
Healthcare: SGD18.3bn (USD14.4bn) in 2014 to SGD19.6bn (USD14.5bn) by 2015; +7.7% in local currency terms and +0.5% in USD terms. Forecast maintained from previous quarter.
Full Report Details at
Singapore is ranked seventh out of 19 other Asia Pacific markets (scoring 59.7 out of a maximum 100) on BMI's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Index for Q415. The country's above average score on country rewards (scoring 16.8 out of 21.0) with the highest score for risk (28.1 out of 35) in the region is weighed down by the limited industry rewards (14.8 out of 44) due to the country's small population.
Key Trends And Developments
In June 2015, the government disclosed that premiums for integrated health insurance plans may eventually go up. This comes as five private insurers promised that they would not raise premiums for integrated insurance plans when MediShield Life is implemented later this year.
The Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Singapore pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Singapore, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Singaporean pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Singaporean pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Singapore.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015