Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: PEN4.7bn (USD1.7bn) in 2014 to PEN5.0bn (USD1.6bn) in 2015; +6.7% in local currency terms and -3.6% in US dollar terms. Forecast has been revised downward from Q 3 15 based on historic data.
Healthcare: PEN32.5bn (USD11.4bn) in 2014 to PEN35bn (USD11.1bn) in 2015; +7.6% in local currency terms and -2.7% in US dollar terms. Forecast has been revised downward from Q 3 15 based on historic data.
Full Report Details at
In BMI's Risk/Reward Index (RRI) for Q4 2015, Peru has maintained its position as 9th out of the 19 markets surveyed in the Americas matrix. Peru's Reward scores are viewed as being less favourable than the regional averages, while its risk scores are slightly above average. A small market size and a deficient intellectual property environment are some of the major drawbacks to involvement in Peru by foreign companies. Nevertheless, Peru is still seen as being able to offer longer-term benefits to foreign investors, on account of the expected healthcare market development and economic growth.
Key Trends And Developments
The UK's Department of Health signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Health of Peru to improve the latter's health system and healthcare facilities. The cooperation will include information sharing, delegation visits, training and joint projects in management, infrastructure and technological innovation.
The Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Peru pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Peru, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Peruvian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Peru.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015