Market Report, "Norway Country Risk Report Q4 2015", published
New Country Reports research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Fri Sep 11 2015] A sharp slowdown in hydrocarbons sector investment amid a collapse in global oil prices will weigh on Norwegian GDP growth in 2015 and beyond.
We expect a policy response to this weaker outlook, particularly on the fiscal side. The government has the option of dipping into the country's USD850bn sovereign wealth fund, and there is a rising likelihood of tax cuts and infrastructure stimulus being introduced in the 2016 budget.
The residential housing market has been a major contributor to overall real GDP growth for most of the past decade, but is set to cool over the next few years.
Full Report Details at
We envisage broad political continuity to the next election in 2017, with the Conservative-Progress minority coalition government achieving modest progress on its reform agenda.
Key Forecast Changes
We have lowered our 2015 and 2016 krone exchange rate forecasts versus the euro by 3.0% to NOK8.75/EUR and NOK8.60/EUR, respectively.
The Norway Country Risk Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in Norway. It is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market.
An influential new analysis of Norway's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2019, just published by award-winning forecasters, Business Monitor International (BMI).
* Forecast the pace and stability of Norway's economic and industry growth through end-2019.
* Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
* Assess the critical shortcomings of the operating environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
* Contextualise Norway's country risks against regional peers using BMI's country comparative Risk Index system.
* Evaluate external threats to doing business in Norway, including currency volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
The Norway Country Risk Report by Business Monitor International (BMI) includes four major sections: Economic Outlook, Political Outlook, Operational Risk and Key Sector Outlook.
How will the Norway' economic policy-making and performance impact on corporate profitability over 2015-2019?
BMI provides our fully independent 5-year forecasts for Norway through end-2019 for more than 50 economic and key industry indicators. We evaluate growth, and also forecast the impact of economic management.
Economic Outlook Contents
The Norway Country Risk Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cote d'Ivoire Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Russia Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Chile Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Ghana Country Risk Report Q4 2015
- Vietnam Country Risk Report Q4 2015