Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: BRL62bn (USD26bn) in 2014 to BRL66bn (USD21bn) in 2015; +6.4% in local currency terms and -19.5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in has been maintained from Q 3 15 .
Healthcare: BRL501bn (USD213bn) in 2014 to BRL538bn (USD173bn) in 2015; +7.4% in local currency terms and -18.7% in US dollar terms . Forecast in local currency has been revised downward from Q115 due to historic data.
Full Report Details at
Brazil scores 57.5 in BMI's Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Index (RRI), making it the fourth-most attractive pharmaceutical market in the Americas this quarter. We highlight that Brazil will continue to be the most important market for multinationals in Latin America. Its position has been very well reflected in this quarter's RRI scores, primarily a result of the country's consistent economic growth and the government's commitment to promoting local industry.
Key Trends And Developments
In August, the Brazilian Senate proposed reforms to the legal framework of the country's health sector, including evaluating the possibility of prohibiting injunctions that favour costly or experimental procedures not approved by the Sistema Unico de Saude.
The Brazil Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Brazil Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Brazil pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Brazil, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Brazilian pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Brazilian pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015