New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Sep 29 2015] Defence spending remains a top priority for the Singaporean government which is executing a prudent military procurement agenda with a long-term outlook that will transcend the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) into a third generation fighting force. In the future, we expect to see sustained levels of weapons imports from American and European arms manufacturers, as well as continued support for domestic defence company, ST Engineering. The key downside risk Singapore's defence expenditure stems from a GDP downturn, but we forecast positive and stable economic growth through to 2018.
BMI forecasts Singaporean defence expenditure to reach USD11.6bn in 2015 as the Ministry of Defence upholds its commitment to steady and sustained spending policy, which is focused on hi-tech weaponry. This bodes well for domestic and international security and defence firms, which will see Singapore to maintain its position as a top five global arms importer. Singapore is investing in submarines, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), and new fighter jets. The city-state is tipped as one of the leading customers for the Lockheed Martin F-35 fighter programme, however fresh reports indicating further F-15 acquisitions have raised question marks over Singapore's commitment.
Full Report Details at
The Singapore Defence & Security Report features BMI Research's independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's Singapore Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the Singaporean defence and security industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on Singapore to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Singaporean defence and security market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Asia defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Asia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Global and Regional Political Outlooks
A strategic overview of the world’s major political risks, identifying countries facing leadership successions and nations at risk of upheaval, inter-state conflict, or separatism and insurgencies, plus a summary of the world’s ‘wild card’ low-probability high-impact risks.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Defence & Security Report 2015
- Slovenia Defence & Security Report 2015
- France Defence & Security Report 2015
- United Kingdom Defence & Security Report 2015
- Greece Defence & Security Report Q1 2015