Headline Expenditure Projections
Pharmaceuticals: EUR3.26bn (USD4.37bn) in 2014 to EUR3.13bn (USD3.44) in 2015; -4.2% in local currency and -21.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with the last quarter in local currency terms and revised slightly upwards in US dollar terms.
Healthcare: EUR15.90bn (USD21.31bn) in 2014 to EUR15.82bn (USD17.40bn) in 2015; -0.5% in local currency and -18.3% in US dollar terms. Forecast revised upwards from last quarter in local currency terms and US dollar terms.
Full Report Details at
In Q315 we have downgraded Portugal's Risk/Reward Index score to 56.7 from 57.3 in the last quarter. The downgrade was due to a revision to economic diligence indices. Portugal remains the least attractive market to pharmaceutical investors in Western Europe, which covers 15 key markets. Portugal's overall score is moderately boosted by an ageing population (pensionable population score of 8.0 against a regional average of 7.8) and a respectable market size (scoring 12.0 against a regional average of 13.7) but is dragged down by poor market growth potential (scoring 0.0 against a regional average of 0.6) and industry and country risks (overall market risk score of 22.9 against a regional average of 26.7).
The Portugal Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features BMI Research's forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Portugal Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Portugal pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
* Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Portugal, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Portuguese pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Portuguese pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Portugal.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Romania Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015
- Latvia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2015