"Ireland Food & Drink Report Q4 2015" is now available at Fast Market Research

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Tue Oct 20 2015

Ireland's economy will remain the fastest growing in the eurozone in 2015. Domestic demand will become the main growth driver in the country, supported by falling unemployment, rising wages, and the collapse in global oil prices. The outlook for domestic demand is certainly improving in Ireland, which is reflected in our forecasts for private consumption to add an av erage of 1.4 percentage points to growth over 2015 and 2016. As growth starts to filter down, we expect robust food consumption growth in 2015 and over our forecast period to 2019.

Full Report Details at
- http://www.fastmr.com/prod/1058397_ireland_food_drink_report_q4.aspx?afid=301

Headline Industry Data (local currency)

Total food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2015: +2.9%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2019: +3.5%
Per capita food consumption growth y-o-y in 2015: +1.8%; CAGR to 2019: +2.5%
Soft drinks value sales growth y-o-y in 2015: +4.2%; CAGR to 2019: +4.8%
Alcoholic drinks value sales growth y-o-y in 2014: +1.7%; CAGR to 2019: +2.4%
Total mass grocery retail (MGR) sales growth y-o-y in 2014: +3.2%; CAGR to 2019: +5.3%

Key Industry Trends & Developments

Valeo Acquires Italian Cake Manufacturer: In May 2015, Irish firm Valeo Foods agreed to buy Italian cake and biscuit maker Balconi Industria Dolciaria in a deal worth over EUR200mn (USD222.9mn). The acquisition is expected to expand Valeo's presence in Europe. Private equity firm Clessidra currently owns an 80% stake in Balconi, while the Balconi family owns the remaining 20% interest. Balconi sells a wide range of pre-packaged cakes and snacks in the Italian market and also exports to a number of other countries, including Spain, France, Germany and the UK.

The Ireland Food & Drink Report features BMI Research's market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.

BMI's Ireland Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Ireland.

Key Benefits

* Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Ireland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Irish food and drink market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Ireland through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q4 2015
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2015
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q4 2015
- Ukraine Food & Drink Report Q4 2015
- Italy Food & Drink Report Q4 2015

Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: press@fastmr.com
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »