Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Namibia Country Risk Report Q1 2016", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Oct 27 2015] The Namibian economy will post solid growth of 6.4% annually over the next five years. Growth will be driven in the main by capital-intensive investment projects in the mining and infrastructure space, while key exports such uranium will benefit from robust Chinese demand
The landslide victory for president-elect Hage Geingob and the ruling SWAPO in Namibia's general elections on November 28 2014 augurs for broad political stability and a pro-business economic agenda. The result means that SWAPO will expand on its two thirds majority in the national assembly. Hopes for a shift towards a more inclusive electoral landscape continue to prove elusive.
Namibia's current account deficit will widen to around 9.9% of GDP in 2015 from an estimated 10.3% in 2014, before narrowing to 8.6% of GDP in 2016.
Full Report Details at
Major Forecast Changes:
We have revised up our real GDP growth forecast for 2015 and 2016, from %.0% each year to 5.3% in 2015 and 5.5% in 2016.
Key Risks To Outlook:
Namibia's small, open economy is highly exposed to events on the world stage. While we have incorporated the ongoing global malaise into our economic forecasts, if the situation abroad deteriorates (or, conversely, improves) more than we anticipate, we would have to adjust our forecasts accordingly.
Much of the economy remains closely tied to agriculture, and weather poses substantial risks, as illustrated by the ongoing drought which has threatened yields and food security. Changing weather conditions pose both upside and downside risks to a number of our forecasts, including for growth, inflation, and trade.
The Namibia Country Risk Report helps businesses with market assessment, strategic planning and decision making to promote growth and profitability in The Namibia and is an essential tool for CEOs, Chairmen, Finance Directors/CFOs, Managing Directors, Marketing/Sales Directors with commercial interests in this emerging market..
An influential new analysis of The Namibia's economic, political and financial prospects through end-2017, just published by award-winning forecasters, Business Monitor International (BMI).
* Forecast the pace and stability of The Namibia's economic and industry growth through end-2017.
* Identify and evaluate adverse political and economic trends, to facilitate risk mitigation.
* Assess the critical shortcomings of the business environment that pose hidden barriers and costs to corporate profitability.
* Contextualise The Namibia's country risks against regional peers using BMI's country comparative Risk Ratings system.
* Evaluate external threats to doing business inThe Namibia, including currency volatility, the commodity price boom and protectionist policies.
The Namibia Country Risk Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cote d'Ivoire Country Risk Report Q1 2016
- Hong Kong Country Risk Report Q1 2016
- Philippines Country Risk Report Q1 2016
- Kuwait Country Risk Report Q1 2016
- Hungary Country Risk Report Q1 2016