Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Togo: Mobile Money, Universal Service and Price Caps Policy to boost Telecoms Revenue", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Fri Oct 30 2015] The telecom market in Togo is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2015-2020 to reach $617m by 2020. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest contributor to revenue. Mobile data revenue is expected to more than double to reach $106m by 2020 up from $41m in 2015, driven by improvements in 3G networks coverage and quality of service, mobile money and the launch of 4G. The telecom market in Togo is dominated by the duopoly of Togocel and Moov Togo, which is expected to continue over the forecast period. However, with the potential entry of a third operator via an international tender launched by the government, the competitive environment could become intense. Mobile service prices are among the highest in the West African region. As a result the government introduced a price cap policy which is making prices more affordable. Bringing in an additional operator could further help bring down mobile prices in the market.
* The telecom market in Togo is estimated to generate total telecom services revenue of $451m in 2015. Pyramid Research expects total telecom market revenue in Togo to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach $617m in 2020.
* The mobile voice segment will account for 68.7% of total revenue in 2015. The overall telecom market is heavily inclined toward mobile services, which are expected to contribute 77.8% to total service revenue in 2015. Rising mobile penetration of the population, supported by coverage expansion in remote communities, enhancement of network infrastructure by operators and growth in mobile data, will fuel growth in the mobile market in the coming years.
* Fixed Internet services will grow at a CAGR of 19.9% over 2015-2020 to reach $17m by 2020. The government, jointly with Huawei, plans to install 200km of fiber cable by the end of 2016. This new fiber deployment, along with the existing West Africa Cable System (WACS), will boost the transmission capacity in Togo thereby supporting broadband growth in the coming years.
Full Report Details at
"Togo: Mobile Money, Universal Service and Price Caps Policy to Boost Telecoms Revenue" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Togo today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Togo, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Togo in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Togo.
* The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Spain - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Tanzania - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband - Statistics and Analyses
- Switzerland - Telecoms, IP Networks and Digital Media