New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Fri Nov 13 2015] In June 2015, Axtel 's management wa s analysing merger and acquisition opportunities in the Mexican telecoms market again. The operator believes it is in a stronger position than it has been for several years despite a 19% decrease in Q115 revenues, following the resolution of its 10-year interconnection battle with America Movil and a deal with Telefonica to give the company access to Axtel's fibre-optic infrastructure. BMI believes Mexico's telecoms market is ripe for consolidation despite regulatory changes that have levelled the competitive playing field, benefiting small players. Global trends towards converged services will drive partnerships and accelerate M&A activity. Axtel is one of the largest competitors to incumbent Telmex , part of America Movil, in the fixed line market and one of the main competitors in the broadband segment, too.
Full Report Details at
Mexico's mobile market expanded by just 1.6% in 2014, with subscriptions declining 1.623mn y-o-y to Q115. The development may be attributed to a number of operators, notably Telcel, disconnecting inactive pre-paid users.
Prepaid still accounts for the vast majority of these subscriptions at around 85%.
According to the Federal Telecommunications Institute (Ifetel), there were 16.1mn subscribers in the Mexican pay-TV market at the end of 2014.
At the end of 2014, the IFT recorded 20.1mn fixed lines in operation, around 12.8mn fixed broadband connections and 16.1mn Pay-TV subscriptions.
The Mexico Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Mexico's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Mexico Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Mexico.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Mexico to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Mexican telecoms market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Mexico's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Mexico.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2016