New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Mon Nov 30 2015] We forecast modest but nonetheless positive growth for Hong Kong's freight sector in 2016 and beyond. The current slowdown in the Chinese economy is affecting trade flows in Hong Kong, hurting the economy and consequently impacting all freight modes in the city state owing to its dependence on trade with China. Due to the developed nature of the freight sector in Hong Kong , and with a forecasted downturn in demand for goods over the medium term, we expect growth to be robust, but subdued for all freight modes.
GDP growth is forecasted at 3.5% for 2016 and to steadily increase over the medium term at an annual average of 3.5%. However, Hong Kong's economy is dependent on trade with China, and the latter's bleak outlook will have a negative impact on import and export growth for the city state over the medium term. The Chinese economy has lost further momentum at the end of 2015 and as such, we have downgraded our 2016 export and import growth forecast to 1.4% and 1.7% respectively.
Full Report Details at
However, Hong Kong does and will continue to have a massive role in the global supply chain as its port and airport have developed into key Asian transhipment points; the airport is the largest in the world in terms of cargo handled, while its port is the fourth largest container facility. As such, regardless of the slowdown in the Chinese economy, we will see firm trade growth in Hong Kong over the medium term.
The Hong Kong Freight Transport Report has been researched at source, and features latest-available data covering commercial transport and logistics by road, rail, air and water; industry forecasts, company rankings covering leading national and multinational operators; and analysis of latest industry trends, opportunities, projects and regulatory changes.
BMI Research's Hong Kong Freight Transport Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Hong Kong freight transport and logistics industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent freight transport industry forecasts on Hong Kong to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the strategic freight transport market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Hong Kong freight transport sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Hong Kong.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs, and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Freight Transport Report Q1 2016
- India Freight Transport Report Q1 2016
- Hungary Freight Transport Report Q1 2016
- Philippines Freight Transport Report Q1 2016
- Belgium Freight Transport Report Q1 2016