Operators Invest in LTE Improvements and Multiplay Offers as Regulator Set to Increase Competition
[ClickPress, Thu Jan 07 2016] The Singapore telecom market is among the most saturated and mature markets in Asia-Pacific and is estimated to generate telecom service revenue of $5.5bn by 2020. Mobile data will contribute nearly 37% of the total revenue, driven by proliferation of data-intensive apps, such as OTT and video. Operator investment in advanced technologies to boost indoor and outdoor LTE coverage will also be a major catalyst for growth of mobile data services in Singapore. The renewal of LTE licenses due for 2015 and 2017 will further extend the LTE coverage and enable operators to launch innovative offers. The corporate segment will be a key focus area for all three MNOs, and operators will launch services catering to business users' needs, such as content delivery, cloud, managed services, cybersecurity and mobility management. Further, converged offerings will help operators to attract more customers in the coming years. Pay-TV operators will remain focused on expanding their content libraries by collaborating with content providers. Moreover, handset vendors will benefit from Singaporean operators' device-bundle strategies and will leverage increasing data usage to drive up revenue.
Full Report Details at
* With one of the most mature and saturated telecom markets, Singapore's telecom revenue will reach $4.8bn, or 1.6% of nominal GDP, by year-end 2015.
* Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $5.5bn in 2020 (CAGR of 2.6% over 2015-2020) driven by operator investment in LTE network enhancement and fiber rollouts.
* The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services, due to ongoing deployment of HetNet networks to improve mobile coverage and pervasive demand for data. Fixed and mobile data penetration will increase subsequently and will account for 54.3% of total revenue in 2020, up from 46.4% in 2015.
"Singapore: Operators Invest in LTE Improvements and Multiplay Offers as Regulator Set to Increase Competition" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Singapore today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Singapore's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
* Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Singapore's telecommunications markets.
Reasons to Get this Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Middle East - Mobile Broadband and Infrastructure - Statistics and Analyses
- Multiplay Services: Bundling Growth and Strategies Beyond Traditional Quadruple-Play
- China - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistical Overviews
- Switzerland - Telecoms, IP Networks and Digital Media