Zimbabwe's food and drink industry will continue to decline due to soft domestic demand , food shortages and a booming informal food and drink sector. We do not expect to see a recovery in Zimbabwe's food and drink industry over our forecast period as the country continues to navigate a tough economic climate . W e forecast Zimbabwe's real GDP to grow at 1.1% in 2016, barely recovering from the recession the country entered in 2015. Despite downward pressure on prices, the mass grocery retail sector is set to grow at a subdued rate , driven by aggressive price competition in the sector and the entrance of new players.
Headline Industry Data (USD)
Headline food consumption growth (USD) 2016 (y-o-y): -9.0%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) -16.7%.
Headline food consumption per capita growth (USD) 2016 (y-o-y): -11.5%; CAGR -18.4%.
Total mass grocery retail sales growth 2016 (y-o-y): +4.0%; CAGR: +4.0%.
Full Report Details at
The Zimbabwe Food & Drink Report features BMI Research's market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Zimbabwe Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Zimbabwe.
* Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Zimbabwe to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Zimbabwean food and drink market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Zimbabwe through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
* Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the mass grocery retail market.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI’s Food and Drink Risk Reward Index
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ireland Food & Drink Report Q1 2016
- Taiwan Food & Drink Report 2016
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q1 2016
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q1 2016
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q1 2016
"Zimbabwe Food & Drink Report 2016" is now available at Fast Market Research
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001