New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Ghana Telecommunications Report Q1 2016"
[ClickPress, Thu Feb 04 2016] Ghana's mobile market benefits from the presence of four major regional and international players, which have driven rapid growth in the mobile market through competitive offers and innovative services. By contrast, l imited competition in the wireline market has stifled growth and investment into fixed broadband services. However, with digital migration now underway, the NCA's sale of 800MHz spectrum to mobile market leader MTN and increasing investment into fibre and last mile broadband connectivity, Ghana's data market is ripe for growth.
Full Report Details at
The Ghanaian mobile market grew by 10.7% y-o-y in Q215 to reach nearly 120% penetration. The prevalence of multiple SIM ownership supports our view of continued growth, but increases the risk of discounting of inactive SIMs over the coming years.
The mobile data market grew by 20.4% y-o-y, driven by expanding network coverage, falling tariffs and increased availability of low-cost smartphones. MTN successfully bid on 800MHz spectrum, which will enable it to expand data networks into rural areas more quickly, while also putting further pressure on the underserved wireline broadband market.
The Ghana Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Ghana's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Ghana Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Ghana.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Ghana to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Ghanaian telecoms market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Ghana's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Ghana.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI’s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Singapore Telecommunications Report Q1 2016
- Germany Telecommunications Report Q1 2016