New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Fri Mar 04 2016] Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in France: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into France's cards and payments industry, including:
* Current and forecast values for each market in France's cards and payments industry, including debit card, credit and charge cards. It also includes detailed analysis of the prepaid card market.
* Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cash transactions, checks, direct debits and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
* E-commerce market analysis and online payment types.
* Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing France's cards and payments industry.
* Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
* Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
* The competitive landscape of France's cards and payments industry.
Full Report Details at
* The French payment cards market has seen the uptake of contactless technology. According to the French Association of Contactless Mobile (AFSCM), the number of contactless transactions increased rapidly to reach 21.9 million as of September 2015, registering a staggering rise of 218%, over September 2014. In this regards, banks and telecom operators are launching contactless m-payment services. One of the latest being Credit Mutuel-CIC app introduced by Credit Mutuel in partnership with m-payment solution provider, Airtag in November 2015. Similarly, BNP Paribas expanded its KIX contactless payments service in April 2014, allowing its customers to make contactless payments for purchases of up to US$333.2 (EUR300) with a monthly ceiling of US$1,666.1 (EUR1,500). However, users must enter their PIN for payments over US$22.2 (EUR20). These moves are anticipated to further increase contactless transactions in France.
* To increase the uptake of mobile POS (mPOS) among small merchants, solution providers are offering terminals at lower costs. According to a 2014 study by Visa Europe, there were 730,000 small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the country equipped with smartphones but are not accepting card payments. Therefore, POS terminal manufacturers are introducing low-cost terminals to increase merchant adoption. For example, iZettle launched a card reader exclusively for small merchants in May 2015, allowing them to accept mobile payments (m-payments) by simply connecting the reader to a smartphone. Similarly, Payleven and SumUp offer low-cost card readers for small merchants. The introduction of low-cost solutions is anticipated to encourage merchants to accept card-based payments, further driving payment card transaction volumes and values.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Cards and Payments Industry in Germany: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- The Cards and Payments Industry in the UK: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- The Cards and Payments Industry in Australia: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- The Cards and Payments Industry in Canada: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- The Cards and Payments Industry in Turkey: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019