Spain is one of the largest markets for tobacco products in Western Europe. Sales of cigars and cigarillos are standing at almost 2300 million pieces in 2014. Per capita sales illustrate the importance of cigars and cigarillos within the wider tobacco market with a per capita consumption of more than 48 million pieces in 2014.
* The market can be split into three broad segments: cigarettes, smoking tobacco, and cigar/ cigarillos. Cigarettes are by far the largest segment, accounting for around 80.2% of volumes in 2015, and their share down on previous years. However, cigar/ cigarillo's share has increased in the last ten years
* Consumption of smoking tobacco has slightly decreased in 2004 to 2014, down from 2,510 tons in 2004 to 6,905 tons in 2014
* The arrival and popularity of filter cigarillos since 2008 helped bring an expansion in volumes since 2010 onwards. Despite this, higher prices are believed to have reduced sales in 2014
* For cigar/cigarillo, the Spanish market is sub-divided into three major sectors: 'puros' (large cigars), 'puritos' (small cigars/cigarillos) and 'minis' (miniature cigars), where the minis have the highest market volume
* In 2014, the imports level, for cigars/cigarillos, is higher than the production or the export levels
* There is no specific excise tax applied to cigars and cigarillos in Spain
Full Report Details at
"Cigars and Cigarillos in Spain", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish market.
What else does this report offer?
* Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise
* Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles
* Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habits, and the growing health concerns affecting overall production
* Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024
Reasons to Get this Report
* Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market
* Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning
* As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales
* The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cigars and Cigarillos Sweden, 2016
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Netherlands, 2015
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Germany
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Australia, 2015
- Cigars and Cigarillos in the UK
"Cigars and Cigarillos Spain, 2016" is now available at Fast Market Research
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001