Coal Mining in China to 2020 - New Study Released

From: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Published: Tue May 03 2016

In terms of coal reserves, China was third globally after the US and Russia, with proven coal reserves of 114.5 billion tonnes (Bnt) at the end of 2014, accounting for 12.8% of the global total.

Anthracite and bituminous accounted for 62.2Bnt or 54.3%, while the remaining 45.7% (52.3Bnt) was sub-bituminous and lignite grades.

Coal reserves are mainly scattered across the provinces of Shanxi and Inner Mongolia, and have an average sulfur content of 1% or less, an average ash content of 23%, and an average energy content of 5,400kcal/kg net as received (NAR).

Report Highlights

* Chinese coal production fell in 2014 by 2.7% over 2013, to 3,588 million tonnes (Mt), due to the closure of around 2,000 small-scale mines with total production capacity of 117.5Mt in 2014, as part of a policy to phase out low-quality coal production to clean up the air and usher in renewable energy alternatives.
* Chinese coal consumption measured 3,695Mt in 2014 - down by 3.5% over 2013, mainly due to the growth of alternative sources such as hydropower, nuclear, wind and natural gas. However, coal-fired power generation sector dominated Chinese coal consumption, accounting for 67.8% of the country's total consumption in 2014.
* The country's mining industry is governed by the Ministry of Land and Resources and the Department of Resources Conservation and Environmental Protection. The Mineral Resources law is the apex regulating law for the development of the mining industry, the promotion of exploration, the development of mines, and the utilization and protection of mineral resources.

Full Report Details at

Report Scope

The report contains an overview of the Chinese coal mining industry together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodity.

It also provides information about Chinese reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, production by grade, consumption and imports, the competitive landscape and active, exploration and development coal projects.

Reasons to Get this Report

Gain an understanding of the coal mining industry in China, coal reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, coal prices, historic and forecast data on coal consumption and imports, demand drivers, active, exploration and development coal projects, the competitive landscape and the country's fiscal regime.

Companies Mentioned in this Report: China Coal Energy Co. Ltd, China Shenhua Energy Company Ltd, Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Ltd, Inner Mongolia Yitai Coal Company Ltd, Datong Coal Industry Co Ltd

About Fast Market Research

Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.

For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)

You may also be interested in these related reports:

- Coal Mining in the US to 2020
- Coal Mining in Australia to 2020
- Coal Mining in India to 2020
- Coal Mining in South Africa to 2020
- Coal Mining in Russia to 2020

Company: Fast Market Research, Inc.
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email:
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001

Visit website »