Spain: Further Customer Migration to NGNs and Increasing Content Offerings Will Drive Up Revenue
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Spain: Further Customer Migration to NGNs and Increasing Content Offerings Will Drive Up Revenue", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Wed May 18 2016] The Spanish telecom market revenue is expected to reach $23.4bn (EUR19.3bn) by the end of 2020 from $19.6bn (EUR18.4bn) in 2016. Going forward, Pyramid Research expects Spain telecom market revenue to return to growth in 2017 after several years of decline, driven by further customer migration to fixed and mobile next-generation networks (4G+ and FTTH), which will generate a significant growth of data traffic and will make ARPS more resilient. Further increase in pay-TV penetration will also drive up pay-TV revenue. Growth in the mobile segment will come from mobile broadband data services and from M2M, with mobile data services continuing to offer the largest revenue growth opportunity through 2020. Pyramid Research expects the number of access lines to decline by a further 4.5% in 2016-2020 as customers migrate from PSTN/ISDN to VoIP. Total broadband lines will increase through 2020 following the increase in the number of businesses while the broadband mix will see the migration of xDSL customers toward faster-speed FTTH/B and cable.
Full Report Details at
* Spain is the fifth largest telecom services market in the Western European region, with estimated revenue of $19.6bn (EUR18.4bn), or 1.7% of nominal GDP, in 2016. Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $23.4bn (EUR19.3bn) (2.6% CAGR in local currency) as the increase in broadband lines and data traffic push up revenue.
* The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services due to growth in mobile data, which will be driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and on-going investments in LTE-A expansion by operators. Fixed and mobile data revenue will account for 58.2% of total revenue in 2020, up from 50.1% in 2016.
* The top three fixed, mobile and pay-TV operators, Movistar, Orange and Vodafone, will account for 91.5% of total market revenue in 2016, or $17.9bn (EUR16.9bn), and increase to 92.7% in 2020.
"Spain: Further Customer Migration to NGNs and Increasing Content Offerings Will Drive Up Revenue" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Spain's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: telecom market size and trends in Spain compared with other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Spain.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hong Kong: Operators Work to Promote 4G Migration and Compete on Customer Experience
- Philippines: Operator Partnerships and National Broadband Initiatives Drive Telecom Digital Transformation
- Cameroon: 3G and 4G Rollout to Drive the Telecom Market
- The Netherlands: Growing Adoption of LTE and LTE-A Based Services Will Drive Mobile Revenue Growth
- Senegal: Network Expansion and Value-Added Offerings Will Drive Market Growth