New Market Research Report: Wealth in Turkey
Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in Turkey and its growth potential.
[ClickPress, Tue May 24 2016] While growth in Turkey's economy has slowed thanks to a number of economic and geopolitical challenges, the country's small affluent population will continue to increase at a healthy rate. The retail savings and investments market is dominated by deposits, though stronger growth is predicted for the smaller asset classes such as equities and mutual funds. The offshore market remains important, accounting for around 25% of HNW portfolios, with tax efficiency and client anonymity the primary drivers for holding assets overseas.
* In 2015, 2.3% of Turkey's population was affluent, with the number of affluent individuals forecast to increase by 11% a year between 2015 and 2019.
* The mass affluent currently hold the bulk of the country's wealth (61.3% of liquid assets). Total affluent assets are expected to continue to grow in line with the number of affluent individuals over the next five years, rising by 10% a year to reach $435bn by 2019.
* Strong growth will continue in the country's relatively undeveloped savings and investments market. Deposits still dominate (88.2% of assets in 2015) due to structural factors, the taxation regime, and consumer preferences.
* Relatively strong growth is predicted for smaller asset classes (7% a year for equities and 8% a year for mutual funds to 2019) as Turkey's capital markets begin to mature, but these classes will remain only a small proportion of the overall portfolio.
* Property remains a vital component of wealth portfolios. Turkish HNW individuals hold 17% of their investible assets outside traditional investments, with just under half of these assets held in direct property investments. Turkey has the highest share of alternative investments allocated to direct property among the countries included in Verdict Financial's Global Wealth Managers Survey.
* Offshore investments account for around 25% of HNW portfolios, with assets mainly in the US and Germany.
Full Report Details at
Wealth in Turkey: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the Turkish wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
* Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financial's proprietary datasets
* Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Turkish investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market
* Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities
* Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments
Reasons to Get this Report
* Benchmark your share of the Turkish wealth market against the current market size
* Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Wealth in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in the UK and its growth potential.
- Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in China and its growth potential.
- Wealth in Germany: Sizing the Market Opportunity ; Sizing the wealth market in Germany and its growth potential.
- Wealth in Australia: Sizing the Market Opportunity
- Wealth in Singapore: Sizing the Market Opportunity