The small but fast-developing Malaysian wealth market slowed down in 2015 as global economic trends - particularly weak growth in China and falling oil prices - negatively impacted retail investment values. Fortunately, the market continued to grow and expand as a proportion of the population, and although the heady growth rates of recent years are largely a thing of the past, wealth managers can still rely upon steady expansion within the country's investor class.
* The affluent investor class in Malaysia will number 1 million individuals by 2017, adding almost 200,000 people to the market.
* Going forward, the proportion of retail investments in deposits is set to fall, highlighting the continued evolution of Malaysian investment preferences.
* HNW investors have led the way in branching out into more sophisticated investments, with roughly one quarter of their onshore liquid wealth held in non-traditional investments as of 2015.
* Given its proximity and range of sophisticated investments Singapore remains a constant draw for Malaysian wealth, particularly for HNW individuals.
Full Report Details at
Verdict Financial's "Wealth in Malaysia: Sizing the Market Opportunity" analyzes the Malaysian wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
* Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
* Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Malaysian retail investors and how their preferences and the development of the local finance industry impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
* Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as hedge funds, property, and commodities.
* Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments by Malaysian HNW clients.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Benchmark your share of the Malaysia wealth market against the current market size.
* Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
* Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing penetration of affluent individuals in Malaysia.
* Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how FATCA and CRS are affecting your HNW clients.
* Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Wealth in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in the UK and its growth potential.
- Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in China and its growth potential.
- Wealth in Turkey: Sizing the Market Opportunity; Sizing the wealth market in Turkey and its growth potential.
- Wealth in Germany: Sizing the Market Opportunity ; Sizing the wealth market in Germany and its growth potential.
- Wealth in Australia: Sizing the Market Opportunity
"Wealth in Malaysia: Sizing the Market Opportunity" Published
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001