New Financial Services research report from Verdict Retail is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Tue Jun 28 2016] Summary
Mass affluent populations around the world are growing in size, making them an increasingly important segment for financial providers. These consumers possess more financial products than average, maintain higher levels of savings and investments, and are more likely to use added-value services. This makes them an attractive and profitable segment to target.
* DBS and POSB, a sub-brand owned by DBS, dominate the current account market for mass affluents, with a combined share of 56%. DBS outperforms in this segment relative to the mass market, due in part to its Multiplier Programme incentive scheme, which offers rewards that escalate in line with the number of products held.
* Locality and branch location are the two biggest drivers of choice of savings provider, suggesting that banks should continue to maintain a physical presence despite the growing importance of digital channels. Personal recommendation is also a key driver, meaning that banks must focus on advocacy scores.
* The Singapore mortgage market is dominated by the state-backed Housing and Development Board (HDB). Among commercial lenders, DBS is the clear leader, with a range of products including fixed and SIBOR-linked variable rate loans, as well as HDB loans that are cheaper than those available directly from HDB for the first five years.
Full Report Details at
Verdict Financial's "Mass Affluents: Product Holding and Preferences in Singapore" is one of a series of snapshots offering insight into the mass affluent consumer segment in Singapore. It examines mass affluents' financial product holdings in detail. This snapshot is based on findings from our 2015 Retail Banking Insight Consumer Survey.
The snapshot offers insight into:
* Which providers they use for their current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, and loans, and the extent to which banks are cross-selling to this segment.
* The factors that drive mass affluents' choice of financial products.
* Which product features are favored by mass affluents.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Improve your targeting of mass affluents in Singapore by learning about their preferences with respect to product features.
* Identify the key factors that drive mass affluents' choice of providers.
* Understand the extent to which mass affluents are using P2P lenders.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: DBS, OCBC, POSB, UOB.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mass Affluents: Product Holding and Preferences in Hong Kong
- Mass Affluents: Attitudes and Needs in the UK
- Mass Affluents in Hong Kong: Attitudes
- Mass Affluents: Attitudes and Needs in China
- Mass Affluents: Attitudes and Needs in Australia