OTT Video in Europe: Focus on Domestic Content and Local Languages to Boost Take Up of Services.
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "OTT Video in Europe: Focus on Domestic Content and Local Languages to Boost Take Up of Services.", is now available at Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Sun Jul 03 2016] With increasing popularity of OTT services, an increasing number of mobile operators, pay-TV providers, broadcasters and media companies are expanding into the OTT arena either by partnering with OTT players or by launching their own OTT services. Most European markets provide indeed a suitable environment for OTT video growth, offering high broadband and pay-TV penetrations and high average connection speeds. In Western Europe, SVoD is gaining traction while AVoD dominates the OTT video market in Central and Eastern Europe. Examples of OTT services introduced by mobile operators include Video load by Deutsche Telekom. Broadcaster CME has its own OTT service called Voyo available in all of the six markets where CME has operations while pay-TV operator Cyfrowy Polsat launched Ipla in Poland and German media company ProSiebenSat.1 Media launched maxdome in German-speaking countries. Rising penetration of connected devices across Europe is also forcing OTT players to provide services on multiple platforms such as mobile, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles, etc., and are actively pursuing deals with these parties to support the uptake of their OTT services
Full Report Details at
* Western Europe region being more affluent than the Central Eastern Europe has higher penetration of SVoD/TVoD OTT subscriptions accounts. AVoD model dominates the CEE region.
* Telecom operators, broadcasters, media companies and pay-tv operators in the region are actively looking to take advantage of rising demand of video services to add value to their existing services and improve competitiveness.
* Though dominated by AVoD, SVoD is rapidly gaining traction in the countries of CEE region, Western European countries continue to witness strong growth of paid subscription accounts.
* Linguistic disparity in Europe increase the cost of content for OTT providers, however, European Commission's DSM strategy could improve the situation for OTT providers in the future.
'OTT Video in Europe: Focus on Domestic Content and Local Languages to Boost Take Up of Services', a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, analyzes the market for over-the-top (OTT) video services in Europe. It provides an overview of current trends and a detailed look at select service providers and markets.
The report is organized as follows:
* The OTT video market: This section provides a general analysis of OTT services, including a taxonomy and a look at business models and content provision relevant to European markets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)