Consumers were price cautious and cut their spending due to increased prices in the service sector, which was a result of the introduction of the euro last year resulted in the drop in the consumption of Juice. Due to a loss of consumer interest, and a perception of being low quality, consumption of alcoholic beverages remained stable in Q1-16. Dairy drinks volume remained mostly stable in Q1-16; growth was prevented by consumers' willingness to save money. Consumers preferred to save money and purchased both hot coffee and hot tea via price discounts.
* While the beer market remained stable, new products helped to sustain the volume. Local smaller breweries working in the craft beer market introduced many new beers in various segments such IPA, ale and lager.
* Due to high prices consumers have not been attracted to iced/rtd tea drinks and therefore the market has continued to decline.
* All the dairy drinks categories performed similarly with a positive increase in Q1-16. This is due to the health and wellness trend, as dairy products more often were included in healthy diets.
* Consumption in Horeca also stagnated and the growth was prevented by increased prices in the Horeca sector.
Full Report Details at
Canadean's Lithuania Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q1-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
* Top line consumption volumes for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
* Carbonates consumption data for Q1-2016 vs. Q1-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs. low calorie, and key flavour
* An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs. brands and price trends
* Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
* Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
* Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
* Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
* Our annual Q1 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks with local provenance
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Lithuania beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
* Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Lithuania to back your marketing initiatives
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
"Lithuania Quarterly Beverage Tracker First Quarter 2016" is now available at Fast Market Research
Contact Name: Bill Thompson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 1-413-485-7001