Increasing Mobile Data Demand and Reduction of Capex by MNOs to Provide Opportunities for TowerCos
[ClickPress, Tue Jul 05 2016] Growing mobile data demand, deployment of LTE technology along with 3G network expansion is increasing pressure on network operators' existing wireless infrastructure, thereby creating the need for adding additional tower sites. Moreover, with saturated mature urban markets, MNOs are accelerating expansion into rural areas creating greater need for cell sites and providing opportunities for specialized tower companies. Key tower markets in Africa include Nigeria, Tanzania, Ghana, DRC, and Egypt. On the other hand, currently the Middle East tower market has witnessed limited activity.
* Tower infrastructure occupies a significant proportion of network operators' capital and operating expenditure, and in a move to drive down costs and focus on densification, launch LTE/LTE-A, develop innovative products and create customer loyalty, the concept of independent tower companies has emerged in the Middle East and Africa in recent years.
* Escalating mobile data demand, the deployment of LTE technology along with 3G network expansion is increasing pressure on network operators' existing wireless infrastructure, creating the need for additional tower sites. Moreover, with low opportunity in mature urban markets, operators are accelerating expansion into rural areas creating greater need for cell sites and presenting opportunities for specialized tower companies.
* Although the potential for tower companies in the Middle East and Africa is high, the region is challenged with significant hurdles such as political instability, lack of licensing regimes, rising fuel cost (Africa), erratic power supply, bureaucratic issues, low economies of scale in rural expansion and the emergence of small cell technology, among others. The strength of these forces varies from country to country.
Full Report Details at
"Wireless Tower Market in Middle East and Africa: Increasing Mobile Data Demand and Reduction of Capex by MNOs to Provide Opportunities for TowerCos" an Insider report by Pyramid Research offers a thorough study of the wireless tower market in the Middle East and Africa. The report analyses the tower market and the role of market participants such as MNOs, towercos and regulators.
It consists of the following sections:
* Introduction- This section briefly describes the main sources of wireless capacity and the different radio access nodes employed to offer wireless coverage and capacity.
* Wireless tower market in Middle East and Africa - This section examines the Middle East and Africa wireless tower market with a focus on major markets in the region.
* Wireless tower demand in Middle East and Africa: Drivers and inhibitors - This section includes an in-depth examination of the key factors driving and inhibiting wireless tower activity in the Middle East and Africa.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)