Market Summary and Forecasts; Comprehensive overview of the market, consumer, and competitive context, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2020
[ClickPress, Wed Jul 06 2016] Food and grocery the largest product category, accounting for 59.8% of total retail sales in 2015. From EUR41.8 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 1.89% over the forecast period, to reach EUR45.9 billion by 2020. An increasing number of smaller formats and cheaper product offerings from the major retailers is the major driving factor for food and grocery sales in the country
* Per capita expenditure on food and grocery stood at EUR3,729.9 in 2015, and is expected to rise to EUR4,012.9 by 2020
* Convenience stores are gaining popularity and command the majority of sales, having accounted for 40.9% of sales in 2015
* Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.37% during 2015-2020
Full Report Details at
"Food and Grocery Retailing in Belgium - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
* A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
* Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
* Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
* An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across Belgium and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Belgium retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
* Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
* Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behaviour
* Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
* Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)