Saudi Arabia: Operators Will Focus on Mobile Network Enhancements and Enterprises to Drive Growth
New Wireless market report from Pyramid Research: "Saudi Arabia: Operators Will Focus on Mobile Network Enhancements and Enterprises to Drive Growth"
[ClickPress, Fri Jul 15 2016] The telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia generated US$18.8bn in service revenue in 2016, an increase over 2015. Mobile data will emerge as the largest revenue-contributing segment by 2020. Over the next five years, operators can benefit from the opportunities existing in offering enterprise services, VoIP and mobile data. Operators are investing in LTE, LTE-A and fiber to enable additional revenue streams including IoT, cloud services and M2M services.
* The overall telecom services revenue in Saudi Arabia grew over 2015-2016 and is expected to reach US$18.8bn in 2016.
* From 2016 onward, the telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia will see service revenue increasing on an annual basis, boosted mainly by mobile and fixed data segments.
* Mobile data revenue will account for a greater proportion of total telecommunications revenue in 2020.
* Saudi Arabia's telecom market will be dominated by STC as the leading mobile and fixed-line operator, followed by Mobily and Zain KSA. Competition in the market will lead to operators investing in network infrastructure and venturing into enterprise-focused services such as IoT/M2M and cloud computing.
Full Report Details at
"Saudi Arabia: Operators Will Focus on Mobile Network Enhancements and Enterprises to Drive Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Saudi Arabia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Saudi Arabia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Saudi Arabia compared with other countries in the Africa, Middle East region
* Economic, demographic and political context in Saudi Arabia
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more
* A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data and pay-TV
* Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020
* The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)