OTT Video in Latin America - New Market Research Report
Demand for Local Exclusive Content Drives Competition Among SVoD Platforms
[ClickPress, Tue Jul 19 2016] OTT video markets in Latin America are relatively diverse not only along demographic and socio-economic lines, but also in terms of adoption of telecom and video services. Countries with high adoption rates of pay-TV, fixed broadband and mobile broadband see the most robust and innovative OTT ecosystems. Netflix's arrival to Latin America, in 2011, triggered the launch of a number of SVoD initiatives, both at the regional and country level, mostly from established telecom and pay-TV operators looking to defend their position in the pay-TV market, such as America Movil (Claro Video) and Telefonica (On Video/Movistar Play). Because of the strong influence that Netflix has had in the region, most paid OTT services in the region currently provided on a SVoD basis, although a significant number of companies are also relying on a combination of SVoD, TVoD and AVoD as well as paid linear and free linear content to round out their service offerings.
Full Report Details at
* The strongest opportunity for paid OTT video will continue to be in large Latin American markets, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina are the countries offering most scale and growth potential over the next five years.
* The addition of linear content as part of SVoD packages represents could bring important opportunities for pure SVoD service providers across the whole region.
* Operators can differentiate themselves better and increase customer loyalty by using an OTT service; for pure-play OTTs, meanwhile, partnering with operators can boost customer acquisition by exposing households to the service via pre-established customer relationships.
* As more lower-income households get connected in Latin America, pay-TV and telecom operators in the region should look at addressing this segment by launching a low-cost, stand-alone and mobile-focused OTT video service packed with relevant content
'OTT Video in Latin America: Demand for Local Exclusive Content Drives Competition Among SVoD Platforms,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, analyzes the market for over-the-top (OTT) video services in Latin America. It provides both an overview of the existing situation with current trends and a detailed look at select service providers and markets. Examples are provided from Latin American markets of all types.
The report is organized as follows:
* The OTT video market: This section provides a general analysis of OTT services, including a taxonomy and an overview of the business models and content provision that are relevant to Latin American markets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- OTT Video in Europe: Focus on Domestic Content and Local Languages to Boost Take Up of Services.
- OTT Video in Africa and the Middle East: Improving Telecom Infrastructure and Rising 4G Penetration to Support OTT Growth
- Peru: Mobile Market Poised for Strong Growth as Heightened Competition and Network Improvements Spur Demand
- Latin America - Video Streaming and Digital Media
- OTT Services: Collaborative Regulation Can Promote Internet Neutrality