Tunisia: 4G Services Launch and Increasing Fixed Broadband Penetration Will Drive Growth
New Wireless research report from Pyramid Research is now available from Fast Market Research
[ClickPress, Wed Jul 20 2016] Summary
The telecommunications market in Tunisia is estimated to generate revenue of $1.4bn in 2016 and will grow at a CAGR of 2.1% over the 2015-2020 period, driven by the expansion of 4G by all operators as well as positive developments in the fixed broadband market. The mobile data segment will grow at a CAGR of 3.4% over the 2015-2020 period, whereas fixed Internet will register a CAGR of 6.9%. We expect mobile subscriptions in Tunisia to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% over 2015-2020, driven by new service portfolios, the introduction of 4G services in the country and the launch of MVNOs (like Lycamobile). Going forward, operators should seize opportunities arising out of growth in 4G, fixed broadband services, the B2B segment and digital services. For vendors, opportunities lie in operators' network expansion plans as well as offering smart services to operators aiming to target enterprises.
* The overall telecom service revenue in Tunisia is estimated to decrease by 2.2% over 2015-2016 to reach $1.4bn in 2016. * From 2015 to 2020, the telecommunications market in Tunisia will see service revenue grow at a 2.1% CAGR, boosted by mobile data and fixed Internet segments.
* Mobile revenue will account for 82.1% of the total telecom services revenue in 2020. Mobile data will be an important driver of this trend, as it will expand at a 3.4% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
* We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed services revenue, including pay-TV, will increase from 42.4% in 2016 to 52.1% in 2020.
Full Report Details at
In terms of overall service revenue in 2016, the Tunisian telecom market will be dominated by Tunisie Telecom, followed by Ooredoo Tunisia and Orange Tunisie.
"Tunisia: 4G Services Launch and Increasing Fixed Broadband Penetration Will Drive Growth" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tunisia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Tunisia's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Tunisia compared with other countries in the Africa and Middle East region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Tunisia.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
* A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Morocco: Broadband Services via 3G, 4G, ADSL and Fiber Will Drive Telecom Market Growth
- Middle East - Mobile Broadband and Infrastructure - Statistics and Analyses
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- Africa - Fixed Broadband Market - Statistics and Analyses
- Malaysia - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband