Leading Overseas Education Consultants Study Abroad Consultants - Global Opportunities.net
[ClickPress, Thu Nov 03 2016] Study in UK
In 2014, International publishing giant,Pearson (compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit), awardedsecond position to the UK for education within Europe and the sixth best in the world.
The United Kingdom has proved its metal in the world on the academic front by placing its 2 universities in top 5 Universities in the worldsharing the podium with the United States of America. The UK is already well known for its beautiful cities, football clubs, dynamic and welcoming British people, famous Oxford and Cambridge University; but did you know that Diwali in Leicester is the biggest Diwali celebration anywhere outside India.If you are planning to study in this great country then you need to know the eligibility criteria to regularly see any renowned university campus. Means, to study in UK.
• Intakes offered by UK universities are September/October and January/February.
• If you are applying for undergraduate level then, 12 years of school education in either CBSE or ICSE central board is required by the UK education system.
• Appreciating marks of the first year of an Indian degree programme are usually required for direct entry into any undergraduate course in the UK.
• If you are not eligible in both the cases above then, there are foundation courses available in the UK which will make your education enough to pursue undergraduate courses. These courses may range between 4 months to 1 year in duration.
• For Post graduate level courses, 3 years of Bachelor’s is required in any stream to study in UK. However, many universities ask for 16 years of formal education which can be done by graduating in any 4-year degree courses like B.E, B.Tech etc.
• ‘Letter of recommendation’ written by at least one faculty member from your previous school/college is needed with admission form.
• ‘Statement of Purpose’ or ‘Application essay’ which will tell the admission panel about you, your career path, your professional interests and your future goals will also get submitted with your application form.
• You are required to take the IELTS to ensure your English language skills with 6.5 and 7 scores for undergraduate and postgraduate level courses respectively.
• Whereas, internet-based TOEFL is asked by many universities with a minimum score of 80 for undergraduate and 90 for postgraduate level courses.Speak to any UK education consultantfor more details and coaching available for these tests.
• Many study abroad consultants or UK education consultants provide coaching for IELTS | PTE | TOEFL | GRE | GMAT | SAT and a very few of the higher education consultants have authorised PTE test centres where you can take written and online tests as per your convenience.
• But if the medium of instruction in your school was English and you have already scored more than 70% in your tenth and twelve in it, you don’t require to take such tests as per the exemption given by UK Universities.
• If applying for any postgraduate courses then, 60% and above in Bachelor’s is the minimum required by any UK university for their Master’s and Research courses.
• GMAT scores ranging 600-700 will be required with 2-4 years of work experience to study in UK. Any good overseas education counsellor can brief you on this.
• Be able to pay the University deposit of between GBP1,000 and GBP4,000.
• Proof of your finances as per the UK immigration laws is also required to assure that you’ll be able to carry on with your studies while enjoying a comfortable accommodation and adequate lifestyle during studies. You can speak to an education counsellor at 1800-111-119 to get free advice on study abroad options.