International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering is organizing a conference on Operational Excel
Technocrats is a sponsor & participant at this conference, and the CEO of Technocrats is one of the Speakers and delivering a talk on Precision Airflow Control & Dynamic Pressure Balancing Solutions at 9 AM on 7th April, 2018.
[ClickPress, Tue Mar 27 2018] International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering is organizing a conference on ‘Operational Excellence through Automation’ at Hotel Holiday Inn, near International Airport, Mumbai, India on 6th & 7th April 2018.
Technocrats is a sponsor & participant at this conference, and the CEO of Technocrats is one of the Speakers and delivering a talk on Precision Airflow Control & Dynamic Pressure Balancing Solutions at 9 AM on 7th April, 2018. Technocrats will also be represented by the sales & technical personnel at the venue, where you can interact and collect information regarding the organization and its offerings.
Automation for Life Science Industry Clean-room
Airflow & pressure control solutions from TECHNOCRATS in partnership with Phoenix Controls, USA, are designed specifically for life science facilities and can easily accommodate:
• changes in airflow demands,
• reduce future HVAC renovation costs,
• maintain the environmental integrity of a research facility,
• help earn the points to achieve an organization's LEED goals.
For Life Sciences facilities, precision airflow control means:
• improved research integrity,
• superior mechanical flexibility,
• improvements in energy conservation.
With escalating energy costs and greater demand for vaccines and medications, pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities are being pressed to reduce the time from approval to production and increase capacity of new and existing facilities. This demands that control systems be extremely flexible and able to be easily adapted for different flow and climate control requirements. Technocrats offers an ever-increasing portfolio of airflow control solutions that help to reduce:
• start up and commissioning time,
• improve performance of the ventilation systems,
• reduce down time and the need for routine maintenance,
• support the validation and accreditation efforts through a seamless integration with control and monitoring systems.
Pharmaceutical Cleanrooms are characterized by:
• High volume of conditioned air to achieve up to 150 to 200 ACH
• Requirement for laminar airflow
• HEPA filtration on both the supply and exhaust
• Stringent requirements on temperature and humidity control
• Need to verify proper pressurization
• Requirement that ventilation, pressurization and climate control parameters be monitored for validation and verification purposes
• The need to decontaminate the space between product change over
• The high cost of downtime for maintenance or repair
All these challenges can be addressed using the Venturi valve’s and its integrated control system.
Venturi valve is renowned for its ability to maintain accurate and stable airflow control
• Pressure independence of the Venturi valve automatically compensates for HEPA filter loading and other variations in duct static pressure
• Progressive Offset Control provides accurate and stable pressure control – especially with cascaded pressure zones
• Highly configurable temperature control functions provide many options for precisely controlling local space temperature and humidity
• Venturi valve control system integrates seamlessly with BACnet® capable Building Management Systems – all present values are available for display and pressure, ventilation, temperature and humidity may be placed under the control of the BMS
• shut-off valves and low leakage shut-off valves allow you to isolate the space for decontamination using network commands
• Airflow control devices from TECHNOCRATS require less balancing support than terminal boxes and no ongoing maintenance
The Venturi Valve combined with its controller provide optimal airflow and climate control for pharmaceutical manufacturing cleanroom spaces that require high integrity control and reliability and seamless integration.
Automation for Life Science Facilities
Airflow & pressure control solutions from Technocrats in partnership with Phoenix Controls, USA, are designed specifically for life science facilities and can easily accommodate changes in airflow demands, reduce future HVAC renovation costs, maintain the environmental integrity of a research facility, and help earn the points to achieve an organization's LEED goals.
For Life Sciences facilities, precision airflow control means improved research integrity, superior mechanical flexibility and improvements in energy conservation.
Controlling these factors contributes directly to your operating margins, reducing risk and lowering facility costs. If there is one constant factor within the life science industry, there will be change. Change to accommodate new research or a new faculty member. It is essential to make the smart choices in facility mechanical design now, so that costs of change are less in the future.
Advantages and Benefits
• Less testing, adjusting and balancing (TAB) means faster commissioning–Phoenix Controls venturi valves meter flow and don’t measure flow. Devices that measure flow, like a terminal box, must typically be field characterized for the installation condition. Imagine commissioning a new or reconfigured HVAC system by just turning the fans on. TAB is virtually eliminated with venturi valves.
• Integrates easily with LonTalk® or BACnet® networks–Traccel® is offered in a LonMark®-certified or BTL BACnet®-certified controller and seamlessly plugs into the open LON or native BACnet network.
• Pressure-independent operation–Design up to 30% shorter duct runs throughout the HVAC system. Venturi valves operate accurately even with short or angled duct sections. Precise airflow delivery rate is never compromised when there are changes in static pressure. Use the Shut-off Valve option to eliminate the need for extra dampers and controls to isolate the mechanical ductwork.
• Shut-off capability–In life sciences, needs for gaseous decontamination or HVAC isolation are not always considered during the planning stage. Planning a valve up front that can control airflow precisely with low-leakage shut-off can save thousands a lot of money.
• High turndown ratios saves energy–The design of the venturi valve body and cone assembly means higher turndown ratios than a traditional VAV terminal box–up to 20:1 versus 3:1. With better accuracy, you are saving energy with lower air volume and it will not compromise room pressurization.
Reduced Maintenances Costs
• No flow sensors means no maintenance – All venturi valves are characterized for their full flow range at the factory, with a 48-point flow table loaded onto the controller. This means there are no flow sensors to clean, ever.
• Fewer controllers per room – The Venturi Valve controller provide a full electronic platform to control temperature and monitor humidity and pressure, eliminating the need for additional controllers in the space.
• Tiered control platforms (TP, TX, SO/EO) – There are many different applications within a life science facility. Having a choice of three control schemes (TP, TX, and SO/EO) allows you to distribute costs and value where it is required, such as the demanding decontamination applications versus less demanding conference rooms and office spaces adjacent to the classified areas.
o TP – Tracking Pair VAV: To meet the need of directional airflow, TP control scheme features tracking valve pairs that maintain a prescribed CFM offset to enable accurate space pressurisation and complete room climate control.
o TX – Enhanced Tracking Pair VAV: For Tracking Pair applications in demanding spaces, TX control scheme provides extra I/O to meet the needs of humidity control and pressure monitoring, plus optional shutoff capability for decontamination procedures.
o SO – Supply only VAV: In VAV applications where ducted exhaust is sufficient to meet local codes and engineering guidelines, SO control scheme provides a cost effective standalone supply valve when no tracking exhaust valve is required.