Predictive Analytics for educators
[ClickPress, Tue Aug 07 2018] The stiff competition for jobs is making the lives of educators difficult. Every educator wants to hone the skills of their students and make them a coveted professional for employers. But given the umpteen career options and the frequent rise and fall in the demand for skills, deans and provosts are finding it particularly difficult to make all their students job-ready. Taking its cue from this divide, Talismatic, an expert in workforce analytics, began creating a dedicated offering for the education sector.
After conducting an extensive research in collaboration with deans, academic advisory teams, career development specialists, and some of the most prominent employers across industries in the U.S, Talismatic’s team found a gross mismatch between the university curriculums and employer expectations. The team also found that although faculty members were training their students in the most niche skill sets, they were unaware of all the various jobs their students qualified for, and of the companies that were looking for these niche skills.
The team then combined their observations with the power of big data and analytics. The resultisan analytics platform that answers all critical questions on student career guidance. Universities and colleges can now access:
• actionable insights on job market trends,
• a personalized analytics dashboard,
• heat maps showing the city-wise demand for skills,
• active months of hiring for various employers,
• industry-wise demand for a skill,
• salaries that students with a certain skill can expect,
• graphical representation of the rise and fall in demand for a skill over a year, and a lot other interesting and disruptive data.
We are proud to announce that the product has been launched and is now livefor universities and colleges to use. If you’re excited to try out the product,claim your free trial right away.