Request the Sample Copy-
The global starch based edible coating market continues to remain consolidated at the top, with leading players holding 40-50% share. Expanding global footprint is a main strategy of these players, which has resulted into several acquisitions, partnerships, and collaboration activities with the emerging players and innovative products. On the other hand, regional players in starch based edible coating market are focused on bringing new products and economic alternatives to the market, while emerging market players continuously struggle to gain significance. However, an influx of local companies with their innovative offerings has made the nature of the starch based edible coatings market to be splintered at the bottom. Recent developments in the market have been highlighted below.
- A prominent player in starch based edible coating market- Cargill Inc- has committed to source waxy corn 100% sustainably from European farmers to enable continuous crop supply for food starch. Cargill has also developed the Waxy Corn Promise program, leveraging their robust collaborations with farmers and co-op suppliers, to address the grave sustainability-related challenges in regions with significant waxy corn cultivation.
- Ingredion Inc. recently added two novel organic-certified corn starch ingredients- Novation Prima 609 and 309 starches, to its existing line of functional, clean-label starches. The company claims that these ingredients can withstand harsh processing, and cold temperature conditions.
- Another leading player in starch based edible coating market -BENEO GmbH - has expanded its Remypure portfolio. BENEO has launched its second functional native rice starch - Remypure S52, using a novel production process to improve its functional properties and achieve better performance levels than modified food starches.
- A global leader in the food ingredients space - Kerry Group - has acquired two US businesses - Ariake USA, and Southeastern Mills’ North American coatings and seasonings business for about US$367.7 million, to expand and strengthen its global food service positioning. In another acquisition, Kerry Group has purchased a Spain-based seasoning and coatings company-Hasenosa for an undisclosed amount.
- Tate & Lyle- a leading global provider of food ingredients and solutions, has signed an agreement with HORN, a US-based speciality ingredients distributor. As a part of the agreement, HORN will operate as Tate & Lyle’s main US ingredients distributor for its nutrition industry clientele.
Browse full report with TOC here - https://www.factmr.com/report/2912/starch-based-edible-coating-market
The report on starch based edible coating market also provides a comprehensive analysis on the leading manufacturers in starch based edible coating market. The report profiles several leading players functioning in the starch based edible coating market, including Tate and Lyle PLC., Cargill Inc., Ingredion Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Avebe, BENEO GmbH, Roquette Frères, Flo Chemical Corporation and others.
Emphasis on Postharvest Quality Management of Horticultural Produce Fuelling Adoption
As the requirement for food supplies skyrockets in line with population expansion worldwide, the agriculture sector is witnessing an increased focus on reduced postharvest losses, to enhance the availability and accessibility of food. Agricultural industries are rapidly adopting innovative postharvest technologies to meet production and distribution demands of fresh produce. Reduction of postharvest food losses has been identified as a critical measure to ensure global food security. This has further led the agricultural industries to adopt starch based edible coatings, which has been identified as a promising postharvest treatment for extending the shelf life of the horticultural produce, such as vegetables, and fruits. Additionally, starch based edible coatings eliminate post application residues, making the product readily consumable, which has further driven their adoption among horticulture producers and farmers alike.
To Buy Report Please Click Here- https://www.factmr.com/checkout/2912/S
FactMR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852